- F. Scott Fitzgerald wanted to write something new, beautiful, patterned.
- The novel expresses THE AMERICAN DREAM (anyone can win success and weath by his own efforts. it soesn't mind if he's poor or not) . Gatsby wants to get money, but also love. However, he can only get this love by means of money.
- Fitzgerald's own experiences appear in his novels:
time to make money and have fun (The Roaring Twenties)
THE AGE OF PROHIBITION
- The law forbade the selling and drinking of alcohol. However, people could buy it illegally from bootleggers.
- There's a lot of drinking in the book. However, Gatsby and Daisy don't drink.
- Learn about the "Roaring Twenties"
- A Summary
- TASKS (Due to March 5th)
- TASK 1 : WRITING TASK (1-2 pages) ( 30% global mark)
- Read about he author, the roaring twenties and the book and write an essay following the guidelines below:
- BODY: Summarize the book briefly and provide examples of the roaring twenties.
- CONCLUSION: Tell about your opinion the book (justify it) and compare in case you've watched it.
- TASK 2: SPEAKING TASK (10 % global mark)
- These are some of the quotes said by F.S Fitzgerald. Choose the one you liked the most and prepare 1 minute speaking in class.